Forum   |  Links  |  Contact Us
Topic Options
#1057 - September 19, 2009 12:57 PM saivite saints beyond religion
natarajan123 Offline

Loc: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
For over twenty years I am trying to figureiout what spirituality is and what spiritualists do and what spiritualists are capable of.

I dont know if Saivaite path of HINDUISM is more scientific and religion is only the first of the stepping stones to Spirituality.

I wonder if there is any one who see Saivait philophy beyond religion and ritual?

Analyzing the poems of great mystics of Tamil could reveal this..... I am struggling with SIDDAR's POEMS. They often seen as esotoric, because people are unab;e to connect to it beyond GOD and worship.

I like to exchange my learning with some others who are on similar pursuit. I have almost completed a work in Tamil and English is halfway through , whatever I learnt. Strangely, I sensed where is Brahma!

Thanks

NATAJAN

#1058 - September 28, 2009 09:21 AM Re: saivite saints beyond religion
Pathmarajah Offline

Loc: Penang
Hi Natarajan,

Spiritualists are just like anybody else, they worship and meditate, without getting into religious debates.

Meykandar elevated Saiva Siddhanta from a religion or faith, to a science and rationality.

Blind faith like most Hindus, muslims and christians is a stepping stone to spirituality, but one has to give up religion eventually to enter into spirituality.

Read the recent posts in Hindu Gems as it discusses clearly the esoterics and God, soul and the world.

Go here for discussions:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/akandabaratam/messages

Please share with us your learnings.

Pathma

Moderator:  Dhanika, Pathmarajah, Vadi, webmaster