Forum   |  Links  |  Contact Us
Topic Options
#1105 - February 27, 2007 04:14 AM Remembering your past lives
NIRANJAN100 Offline

The Hindu spiritual master, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (founder of the 'Art of Living' foundation) has created a technique called the 'Eternity Process' , a meditation technique through which one is able to remember the memories of one's past lives stored in the subconscious mind. Many of my friends and others have gone through this technique , and in the process , have realised the memories of their previous births.

The Indian religions believe in the theory of karma or 'cause and effect'. This theory finds ample expression in the fact that those who have gone through the 'Eternity Process ' found that their inborn ,innate talents can be traced back to training in a previous birth.

This technique is getting increasingly popular, and according to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , it is now being practiced in a few psychiatric clinics as well.

In order to do this technique , one ought to contact the nearest 'Art of Living ' centre and get in touch with an 'Art of Living ' teacher trained in this technique.One ought to be 21 years of age to do this technique.

All my friends , who have done this technique, found it to be very interesting and illuminating. I wish you the same

#1106 - February 28, 2007 12:07 AM Re: Remembering your past lives
Pathmarajah Offline

Loc: Penang
Why would I want to remember past lives?

Heck, I'm trying to forget this one. Better still, I don't want to come back here again!

Pathma

#1107 - March 03, 2007 02:01 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
Brahmanyan Offline

Loc: India
Past, Present and future are our own making. None of them are really permanent. It is the mind which creates these illusions. How nice it will be, if I could live in present only.

#1108 - March 06, 2007 06:56 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
hindweb Offline

With no offence to the poster, I have a doubt, why should Sri Sriji take a fee for his AOL programs? Don't you think the poorer sections will be benefitted if it is offered free?

#1109 - March 08, 2007 11:18 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
NIRANJAN100 Offline

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hindweb:
With no offence to the poster, I have a doubt, why should Sri Sriji take a fee for his AOL programs? Don't you think the poorer sections will be benefitted if it is offered free?</font>

Sri sri Ravi Shankar, charges for his courses from affluent people, and uses the money obtained for eradicating poverty and the material betterment of India's villages.
And in this regard , he and his volunteers have done phenomenal work.

He has also established a lot of educational institutions and according to his own admission , 80% of the students enrolled are Dalits.

And it is not strictly necessary that everyone have to pay money for his courses.
I myself,when I was a student and not earning , and not able to pay the fees of the course, was still admitted to the course when I explained my inability to pay the course fees to the officials.

[This message has been edited by NIRANJAN100 (edited March 08, 2007).]

#1110 - April 21, 2007 10:40 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
m.namasivayam Offline

Loc: chennai, Tamilnadu,India
will ravishankar reveals his previous birth experiences first?

#1111 - April 22, 2007 03:15 AM Re: Remembering your past lives
NIRANJAN100 Offline

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by m.namasivayam:
will ravishankar reveals his previous birth experiences first?</font>

And why should he!!!!!!

#1112 - April 23, 2007 10:44 AM Re: Remembering your past lives
m.namasivayam Offline

Loc: chennai, Tamilnadu,India
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NIRANJAN100:
And why should he!!!!!!

</font>

because i strongly believe that there is no past life and rebirth.

[This message has been edited by m.namasivayam (edited April 23, 2007).]

#1113 - May 05, 2007 05:50 AM Re: Remembering your past lives
NIRANJAN100 Offline

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by m.namasivayam:
because i strongly believe that there is no past life and rebirth. </font>

Oh believe me, there is.

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited May 05, 2007).]

#1114 - May 05, 2007 12:44 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
Pathmarajah Offline

Loc: Penang
<Oh believe me, there is.>

Reincarnation is a postulate in the theory of karma and reincarnation. These posits serve to make the Hindu philosophies stand. But reincarnation cannot be proven, nor is it falsifiable. It remains a religious 'belief'.

Whether there is reincarnation or not, in our daily lives and decision making, we have to proceed 'as if' there is no rebirth, that this one is our last life, and attempt moksha with all we got. Every action in our lives must be geared towards achieving moksha in this life and the goal should not be postponed to the next life.

This is being practical and not wasteful of opportunities. Everyone, in any station in life can achieve moksha in this very life, so say the sages and shastras.

I personally believe in reincarnation. Some of us remember our past lives, sometimes with detail.

[This message has been edited by Pathmarajah (edited May 05, 2007).]

#1115 - May 15, 2007 10:51 PM Re: Remembering your past lives
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think this is possible. Only Yogis of highest order can have this power.

Babji,

www.Bharatwisdom.com
The wisdom of ancient Hindus

Moderator:  Dhanika, Pathmarajah, Vadi, webmaster